Today two wards became three, my ward was split and I live in the newly created ward's boundaries. So what is making me feel so old? The new Bishopric - they are all younger than I am. It's true.They are all great men and, bonus, they all know who I am. I'm very excited for them.
I have been looking forward to the ward change (it was announced last Sunday). I hoped to be be in the new ward so that I'd have the opportunity to meet new people and get a new calling. Well, I got half my wish. I am in the new ward, the 5th Ward, and all former 1st Ward members were collectively released from our callings. But we are all former 1st Ward members, so no new people.
I am excited for a different calling. I'll be honest, Ward Librarian - it's just not for me. I am quiet, not very comfortable in large groups of people. I love organizing stuff. I love helping people.Um, you'd think Librarian would be a perfect fit. But it's really not. Not for Church. I struggle enough. I need to be in class, either listening or teaching, doesn't matter. But I need to be with other people, learning. I know we are given callings to help us grow and learn. I learned as much as it may make me uncomfortable at times, I need to be with other people, among other things.
Fingers crossed I fit in and feel more comfortable where they call me next.
No comments:
Post a Comment