07 September 2008

Home projects


Since moving in a year ago I've wanted to do lots of projects: paint the rooms, install a water softener, install ceiling fans, this list goes on. Well, some friends helped me paint the guest bedroom. I have a color picked out for the master bedroom and bath. I am down to five possible shades of blue for the main area, though haven't decided which walls to paint. I did paint my kitchen table and recover the seat cushions. The table was an off-white/neutral color. I painted all the metal parts black. The wood is still a light oak but the wood in my house is cherry - so I'm trying to figure out if I should stain it or not. For now I'm going to make a table cloth out of the extra cushion fabric. I also purchased a new picture to hang on the wall above the table that goes with the color scheme.

Little by little I'll make this house mine. But I now realize I won't have it all done tomorrow.

No comments: