13 September 2008
Go Utes!
Yes, I really did just say go Utes - odd, no lightening has hit me. Guess you can graduate from BYU and still cheer for the Utes (much to my disbelief of some of my coworkers and family members).
With a friend who is the assistant coach for the woman's volleyball team at the University of Utah, I try to attend as many games as I can in the season to support her and the team.
My friends and I cheer extra loud when they announce her name during the team introduction, but she doesn't look at us. Wonder why?
She sits on the sidelines and calls the plays. You can see her secretly signaling (hand signals hidden behind her clipboard) to the girl up to serve. We actually tease her about how collective she stays throughout the game (though we love the little "first throws" - unfortunately digital cameras aren't quick picture takers, so I was not successful at capturing this quick show of excitement.)
I love attending the games (and I'm not the only BYU alum that attends.) I'll admit I did turn down the free U tattoo/sticker I was offered last night. But I do try to wear red, and I stand up and clap along with the fight song and yell "Go Utes" at the end. It's fun supporting our friend and her girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment