03 September 2008

Family Shout Out


Ok, so I've pretty much always known I have a different family. Though maybe not "different" how you think. How many of you know your grandparents? How many of you know your grandparents' siblings? How about their kids? And their kids? And their kids? Well, I do. Maybe I'll do a family tree diagram to post sometime to show all my cousins.
Tonight I attended my cousin's wedding (photo above). Well, actually he is my second cousin once removed. Our grandmother's are sisters (his grandma is in the photo). But let me tell you, on both sides of my family (meaning on my mother's side and my dad's side), I am closer to the grandchildren of my grandparents' siblings than I am to many of my real cousins (and I'm pretty close them, can you imagine? - its nuts, or better stated maybe, I'm nuts.)
Anyway - I just want to thank all my family for being my family, for letting me get to know them, for wanting to know me, for inviting me to your special personal events. I'm still seriously bummed it didn't work out for me to attend another cousin, a real cousin's, wedding in Texas a few weeks ago. I love that my family keeps in touch with one another. I love to read all the blogs that my cousins have and learn about all the fun things that they are doing with their families and in their lives in all the various places they live.
I have an amazing family. Be jealous. Be very jealous. I am a lucky girl!

No comments: