
Ok, so at 33 I'd say I'm ok at faking the everything is ok expression when people "act" surprised that I'm not married yet. I cannot handle the follow up questions that I seem to get more then not following the shocked "You're single" comments: "How long have you been divorced?" - "Sorry, how long ago did your marriage end?" - "What went wrong?"
Can't I just be 33 and single? I definitely have nothing against marriage? I can't wait to be married - for the first, and I pray only, time. I can't wait to have kids. The clock may be running out, but I keep the hope alive. It's hard enough to act tough knowing the depressing reality that I am single, then to have thrown onto the fire the additional possibility that they think I have failed at marriage. Thanks!
Maybe because I do not act sad and drab when when I reply that I'm not married people think I'm happy to be out of a bad marriage? Who knows? But a word to the wise, don't assume a girl is divorced because she'll older and single.
(disclaimer: I have nothing against people who are divorced. I hope I've not given that impression.)
No comments:
Post a Comment