29 September 2008

On my cousin's approaching nuptials

My fabulous cousin keeps a blog of her thoughts "On...." stuff. She became engaged over the weekend, and what was her post today? "On a reading chair"... for real? I was really hoping for something like, "On my recent engagement" or "On the perfect proposal" - something wedding related. Nope. So, here's a post dedicated to my cousin.

"On your wedding"
A wonderful young man... I can assume no less of him. After all, have you met my cousin? She's incredible. But I haven't actually met him, so do not yet have my own opinion of him... back to my thoughts...
A young man... well is he young? Again, I haven't actually met him yet. I'll be in California this weekend, which is actually where she's attending grad school, but she will be visiting home (and him since he lives here in Utah) and everyone in the family is going to get to meet him on Sunday except for me because I'll be gone...drats! So, I guess he could over the hill for all I know.
OK, where was I? Oh...
A man has asked for my cousin's hand in marriage... of course I don't know how he asked since she hasn't posted or emailed or phoned or texted anything about it...though I guess she changed her Facebook relationship status to engaged, so that could count...oh my...

My cousin is getting married on December 17th (which happens to be my baby brother's anniversary) in the Salt Lake temple.
Is he wonderful? Yes, he's taking her to the temple to be married forever.
Is he young? If he can keep up with her energy, I'd assume he's young enough.
Is he a man? Come on folks, they are getting married in Utah, not California, and we're Mormon.

The Bean is marrying a wonderful young man and I'm so excited to meet him and for him to become a part of the family!

(in the photo is her brother, to whom I may be dedicating a similar post to soon as well... YEAH!)

oh, look what I just found on Facebook... pictures of the happy couple just after they got engaged at the happiest place on earth!


3 comments:

Becca said...

This is completely hilarious! Thanks so much! I kind of keep a mental list of blog topics and the reading chair was next on the list. Some kind of "Blake is wonderful" post is coming soon though.

Caprene said...

I'm glad you like it, and I can't wait for your real post

Dave and Loralee said...

HA! I'm glad SOMEONE wrote about this!! :) Becca's FIRED! Her man's pretty cute, eh?