Last night I attended the OC Tanner Gift of Music concert and I was blown away. Brian Stokes Mitchell is amazing. Oh, if you can ever find the opportunity to see him perform, spend the $$$ (fortunately for me, OC Tanner concerts are free.) The concert was with the Utah Symphony, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Mitchell and an opera singer. I love opera, but this lady was out of her element. They did not do a good job of selecting songs for her to perform. Too bad. The evenings theme was aimed at America. Mitchell sang some ballads, 30s/40s love songs, and some Broadway selections. Oh, I could go on and on. But here are YouTube clips of him singing. I invite you to explore YouTube for some more.20 September 2008
Stoked about Stokes
Last night I attended the OC Tanner Gift of Music concert and I was blown away. Brian Stokes Mitchell is amazing. Oh, if you can ever find the opportunity to see him perform, spend the $$$ (fortunately for me, OC Tanner concerts are free.) The concert was with the Utah Symphony, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Mitchell and an opera singer. I love opera, but this lady was out of her element. They did not do a good job of selecting songs for her to perform. Too bad. The evenings theme was aimed at America. Mitchell sang some ballads, 30s/40s love songs, and some Broadway selections. Oh, I could go on and on. But here are YouTube clips of him singing. I invite you to explore YouTube for some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment