Miss Kappa Delta found some $100 round trip DC/NYC train tickets
(so I flew into DC,
even with the train ticket it was cheaper than flying into NYC)
One goal of my trip: Find a great knock off bag
Everywhere
(also a trip goal: to see the Statue of Liberty)
So here's a photo taken at home
With brown and black, it's rather versatile
I was hoping to get one that said Prado - but they spelled it correctly
Kind of cute
Another goal: To go to Central Park
But there is was
Right next to the skyscrapers
And so peaceful
You don't even know you are next to the busy city streets
I've had friends say over the years that they think I should move to NYC, that I'd fit right in. Having now been there, I'm not sure these "friends" knew me very well. Maybe they imagined me working there since I'm such a workaholic. But live there? I don't think so. But should I ever live in NYC, Central Park is what would be my saving grace. I need nature, I need green. The park is gorgeous.
This was actually right when you first enter the park
We waited quite a while, but the bride never showed up
And that's how the story goes since we didn't stick around
Poor fellow
At least they didn't have a ton of guests (maybe 20)
And they didn't have to pay for the church and the flowers
Ha!
Another goal: To see a Broadway show. Well, I saw four. But those will each have their own blog entry...
And of course, I wanted to ride the subway
The subway is so amazing
I can't believe how long ago they built all the tunnels
and created this transit system
Of course, it was pretty dirty and gross down there
But still - WOW!
And here's more stuff we did...
Another wedding, this time on Times Square
Wait - two brides and one groom?
Am I in Utah?
(Ha! I can get away with that joke because I'm Mormon.)
I'm holding a bunch of cash, though you can't see
The Waldorf Astoria
With my room key
(though if you click on the picture
and zoom in on the room key,
you'll see it's really for the Sheraton)
That's probably the price of a really low end room in the Waldorf Astoria?
We of course didn't pay this
Miss Kappa Delta is a NYC pro and she found a killer, killer deal for us
Too cute!
I loved NYC! Maybe when I finish school and work long enough to join the travel nurse system, I can travel to NYC and see even more.
1 comment:
i am very very jealous of your visit to new york. very.
Post a Comment