I'll be honest, I didn't really want to see this show. Our season ticket this year in Salt Lake 75% shows made from movies. Yes, I do realize that Billy Elliot is a musical made from a movie - but the movie wasn't a musical.
The full original cast is still performing the show right now and we had them all and they were awesome. Dolly Parton sure does know how to write a song. Here's one example...
I was so impressed by how well Megan Hilty played Dolly on stage. She had the voice down pat. She was hilarious. Allison Janney definitely isn't a songstress, but she could hold her tune, and Hilty and Stephanie Block more than made up where she was lacking. Here's all three...
Here's one more if you have time, but you have to go to the website to see it...
A really, really enjoyable show.
A really, really enjoyable show.
No comments:
Post a Comment