07 December 2008

Why I don't attend single adult activites

Without delving into past experiences with attending single adult activities, my friend invited me to go to with her and some friends to Christmas Around the World at BYU on Saturday night. I was feeling adventurous and said I'd go. We were getting tickets with a Single BYU alumni group who was going to ice cream together after the concert. The decision was made in advance that if the group didn't look too interesting, etc, we wouldn't go to ice cream with them.

OK, so they weren't quite this old. Needless to say, we didn't join them for the after party, just went to get ice cream somewhere else on our own. But this is why I struggle with singles' activities, well at least one of the reasons. I know that no one thinks I look my age (maybe act my age too?) but I feel very out of place when I attend these things, for many reasons. Kudos though to those ladies in their 50s or so who still put themselves out there.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How funny? Isn't that the guy from the Six Flag's commercials?

Tiffany said...

Tell me Caprene- what's your type? And what do you think about blind dates???