02 December 2008

A fake tree??? Colored lights???

For those who know me, you know I am a Northwest gal who LOVES Christmas trees (after Thanksgiving.) Even more, I love the smell of the freshly cut pine filling my home. I love to drape the bright white lights through the branches, to hang the brightly colored ornaments - it's great.

This year, I will not be in Utah for holidays. Getting a late start on decorating + not being here for Christmas... oh, it's hard to admit, but here's the proof...


This is not a real tree

And those lights, they are not white...

My Daybreak friends got a new tree this year, so they are kind enough to loan me their old one for the season. I couldn't bear the thought of not having a tree at all. My house was so non-Christmasy. I was looking at just getting a little tree, but my Christmas tree stand is for regular to large trees and I am not able to stand up a little tree in the stand. I was desperate. I am so glad my friends came to my holiday rescue.

Patience girl - just about three weeks until you head home to your parents and enjoy the fresh pine smell throughout their home.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I would LOVE to get a real tree. Every year for the last 3 years I have 'begged' ryan to get a 'real tree'. Im going to try to turn on the water works this year... maybe just maybe....