I had the opportunity, thanks to the reporter, to see Brian Stokes Mitchell again tonight. He performed again at the Conference Center. He was again amazing. My favorite number may have been
Through Heaven's Eyes from
Prince of Egypt. He recorded the song for the film. Here's a You Tube clip - there's a little dialog first, and on the film soundtrack, of course, it's not the MoTab backing him up, and it's actually showing scenes from
Brother Bear because I couldn't find a clip from
Prince of Egypt without a bunch of dialogue - but you can listen his voice, and that's what matters, that's why I'm including the clip - please listen and enjoy.
He also did a great version of
The Friendly Beasts. He sang the donkey and the cow, etc, in character. I started laughing out loud when I heard him start as the donkey. Everyone around me looked at me in shock that I was laughing at his performance. They didn't get that he was joking around. I think it finally caught on as he moo'd as the cow, baa'd as the sheep, and coo'd as the dove. It was great. My friend commented that this song was in the program for the children in the audience, and for me. She was correct. I thought it was a hoot.
And since I left my camera in my purse, and I left my purse at Mr & Mrs Avenues' home, we took a picture afterward in front of their home.
PS - She's my friend who is expecting TWINS!!!
Yeah!
Thanks to Mr Avenues for shuttling us down to the concert and picking us up so that we didn't have to fight the downtown crowds and find a parking space.
No comments:
Post a Comment