Living in Utah, I've gotten used to backward church (Relief Society/Priesthood first and Sacrament Meeting last). In the last two weeks I've learned about backward Utah weddings - the reception one day and the wedding the next day. My old roommate's wedding events followed the backward order of the reception Thursday night and the wedding Friday.
Last night I attended Bean's reception and today I attended the wedding. Here's some photos.
The entertainment at the reception
The reception was held at the Springville Museum of Art. Ms and the soon-to-be Mr Bean came in and announced that the band had arrived. I went into the the other room and here's what I found...
But so is everyone else..
Like Rock Band without the game console
And you say video games aren't very influential...???
Snowball Fight on Temple Square
Since I was involved in - ok, the instigator of the fight, I couldn't really take many photos. And really, it was just me vs a cousin's two year old son. It was so fun though. And yes, perhaps a bit inappropriate since we were less than 100 yards from the temple (just outside the waiting room.) But I have always thought the reason people think I'm the youngest child in my family instead of the eldest or guess me to be much younger than I am is not because I look young, but because I act young.
Poor little RyRy didn't have gloves on - advantage me (yes, I needed more than a 31 year age advantage). His little hands kept getting wet and cold, so he'd cuddle up to his mom and dry/warm his hands with her mittens.
Since I was involved in - ok, the instigator of the fight, I couldn't really take many photos. And really, it was just me vs a cousin's two year old son. It was so fun though. And yes, perhaps a bit inappropriate since we were less than 100 yards from the temple (just outside the waiting room.) But I have always thought the reason people think I'm the youngest child in my family instead of the eldest or guess me to be much younger than I am is not because I look young, but because I act young.
Poor little RyRy didn't have gloves on - advantage me (yes, I needed more than a 31 year age advantage). His little hands kept getting wet and cold, so he'd cuddle up to his mom and dry/warm his hands with her mittens.
His mom recited a little rhyme he was dancing to, shaking his tail
And then we all ran over to catch a glimpse of the new couple (I forgot to switch my camera back to picture mode, so I got a video by mistake - but it's a cute, quick clip.)
Sorry, I lowered the view to the ground when I realized I was recording
And here's the immediate family of the bride.
(and her mom just to her right gave me the yummy sugar cookie recipe)
(you can almost see his cute dimple - RyRy's dimple, not Mr Beans)
No comments:
Post a Comment