So I am stuck in Utah. The Portland airport was closed over the weekend. So my flight was canceled. Since it was the last flight out on Sunday everyone who's flights were canceled before mine already rebooked for all the flights today and Tuesday. So as of right now, I fly out Wednesday at 3pm. So, I will be at work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess that gives me three days of vacation to use at another time. But I would much rather be hanging out in Portland with my family.
How could this have been prevented? I taught Gospel Doctrine yesterday, which is why I scheduled a Sunday flight instead of flying out on Friday night. I should have just found a sub. But it was a great lesson (not that I taught a great lesson, but the content was great and I learned a lot.) But I'm wondering where the blessings are for my obedience.
My friend who was going to take me to the airport invited me to dinner with her family which was a blessing since I eat everything before leaving town.
And, now I'll have to go to the mall here and pay sales tax on gifts (it's so great being from a sales tax free state) and I'll have to pack the gifts in my luggage. Good thing I'm flying Southwest who doesn't charge for luggage. Another blessing.
The blessing I want most of all though, for the weather in Utah and the weather in Oregon to cooperate and let me fly to Portland on Wednesday so I can enjoy some time with my parents and my brother's family. I need some reminders from my five-year old niece that my life isn't as bad as I often think it is.

3 comments:
I'm so sorry. That's a total bummer. :( I hope your flight on Wednesday works out for you.
Merry Christmas anyway!
SAD! It really was a good lesson. And Collin and I really needed those sugar cookies. You'll be blessed for that, right?
I hope you finally made it and had a nice Christmas!
Post a Comment