Image from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone
I had a counselor in one of my Bishoprics who had a rule, a three date rule. he told us, guys and girls, that we should give someone three tries. I shared an experience once of someone who blew through their three chances in our first meeting. I do give guys a chance beyond a first meeting though. Because most of my dates these days are blind dates, you almost have to give them more than one date to even get to be comfortable with them. Though there are honestly plenty of guys who one date is more than enough to know I don't want anymore. (The "is it worth it" response is a resounding no, not with this guy.)
There are the dates, where at the end, you don't want the guy to say, "We'll have to do this again sometime." For years I've heard all the... touching her elbow lets her know you are interested, touching his chest lets him know you are interested, don't lead them on if you aren't interested, saying you want them to call but don't really, etc. So, when they say they want to call you but you don't want them to, you have to kindly dodge them and let them down. A few weeks back I went out with someone that I wanted to call again, and at the end of the date he said something like, "We should do this again real soon." it was almost that, um, yes please, now don't get too excited, someone that is a good guy finally wants to get together again. But then, they don't call. Wait, you said you wanted to do something again, you used the word soon... I guess you didn't hear those same silly flirting rules I did.
It seems like the one you don't want to call you, they do. And the ones you want to call you again, they don't.So then you wonder if you should call them... which is so against my feelings on dating, but you do it sometimes all the same (but that's for another post.)

No comments:
Post a Comment