15 January 2014

Who Should Ask Out Whom




Might as well do this as a follow up to the last since I ended referring to it. I have to start out laughing at where I found the image I'm using.  When I clicked on the site to get the link, it was advice for girls asking out boys. NOOOO!

I want the guys to ask me out.  I want a guy that will "be the man."  At least at the start.  And I don't mean the roles will be reversed or anything.  I like to make plans too, spoil my man as well. But I'm not of the opinion that we need to change our roles, that we need to change who does what to feel like equals.

I read an article the other day.  I happened to go to school with the subject of the article when I lived in California.   And once again, they are overreacting to a celebrity being a normal person.  Knowing the person, how she was growing up, I'm glad she hasn't changed. I appreciate her honesty, her wanting to make things work in her family, her not pushing for a change in roles of spouses. She lets her husband be the man, and she says, "It doesn’t mean I don’t voice my opinion. It doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion. I absolutely do."

And I think it is the same with dating.  There's nothing wrong with men wanting to take charge when it is an appropriate action (and not being a jerk and a chauvinist pig).

Now I have to admit, I broke protocol and I am worried about it.  I ended up needing a date, and I'd gone out with a good guy (yup, they actually are still out there) and thought maybe he'd be able to go. He did come, and I'm just not sure now where we stand, because I fear he's going to think I'm this aggressive girl who asks guys out and I'm not, and I don't... even though I did, but I don't - and I want him to keep asking.  Oh well. Once again, I blew something.  Back to the drawing board, back to searching for a new first date.

No comments: