11 October 2008

The World Famous KROQ

While my parent's were living in Apple Valley, they'd make fun of my listening to the local Spanish station. It's rare to find a good station that just play current Latin music. I took advantage while I could. Plus I couldn't find reception on my favorite Southern California radio station.

In Valencia, I always listened to 106.7, KROQ (kay-rock) - a fabulous alternative music station (my preferred music of choice).



So staying at my grandparent's house in LA for a week, I listened to as much KROQ as I could. I was a little surprised listening to their DJs, there is definitely a different standard on California radio stations (I know - surprise, surprise - Utah is more conservative than California?) But I simply changed the station when I didn't like the topic or the word choices.

Good times!

1 comment:

Silver said...

i know this is an older post but I just have to say when i went to London after highschool I saw a KROQ sticker on the back of a sign! It really is "WORLD FAMOUS"!