10 October 2008

Day One in CA - Sepulveda Dam

If you've not visited my family or go on vacation with us, you are missing out. My father is the BEST tour guide. He's a fountain of knowledge.

The first place we visited is the Sepulveda Dam.

This is the first thing I saw getting out of the car. Drats! I forgot my
Off


Does it look familiar?
Think racing Mini Coopers in
The Italian Job? or racing for pink slips in Grease?

Here's dad teaching... see there's actually water flowing in the LA River

The water is going in...

But nothing is coming out. I'm already to jump in and cool off..

A dry river bed

But this was the best part. Dad ran right up to the top. No problem. Me, um no. I tried and tried and tried.


My mother got a clip of one of my attempts

My hands and feet were soooo dirty and fried from running up and sliding down the hot cement

I love my Danskos, but Chucks outperformed today

Dad really was king of this dam mountain

No comments: