12 October 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see...?

Um, this isn't popcorn on the apricot tree. And this isn't a spring surprise. This is a Utah fall surprise.

Snow! I was staying in Daybreak, and had packed for this weekend before leaving for California... back when Utah weather was in the high 80s. Oops!

This was the worst part...


Since it is the middle of October, I hadn't put my snow brush back into my trunk. So, I got to use a towel to wipe off my car (don't worry Daybreak wife, I put it in the wash when we got home from Church.) Oh the first snow always creeps up on us. And as Utah likes to do, we only got a few days of fall and just jumped right into winter.

(Even though when I'd left the weather was warm, I turned off the A/C in my house to save on energy. I didn't think I'd need to turn on the heat. My house was a toasty 54 degrees when I got home tonight.)

1 comment:

meg.. said...

That's crazy! It got cold here and rained a good bit, but no snow. Thank goodness! When you live at over 7000' you just never know.