So, I tried to be a cute visiting teacher and make some fun holiday cupcakes but they didn't turn out as I wanted.
First of all, no one was home when I tried to deliver them (a couple attempts made), so I ended up having to leave one plateful at one front door, one plateful with a husband, luckily I caught one girl at home and the other, fortunately she mentioned on her blog that she's headed to AZ for a few days, so I didn't just leave hers out for the trick or treaters tonight. But sad, she doesn't get any - trust me though, I'm sure they are stale now.
Anyway, I wanted to make these little monsters and spiders - but the sour straws I've gotten in the past apparently are no longer sold? ...well, at least not by the stores I shop at. So I had to settle with ghosts and mummies.
A little disappointing, especially since I didn't drop them off until today. But since in our neighborhood we rarely use front doors - it's all about the garage - leaving food at the front door is not so smart. What can you do? I know, I know. Call in advance to see that some one's home before going... nah, it's all about spontaneity.

No comments:
Post a Comment