So, ST and I decided last minute to go to the Utah Gymnastics meet on Friday (sorry I didn't invite anyone else.) We got some pretty good seats. They were over in the section, for friends who have gone with us before, where, I'll call him Popeye, sits - you know the gentleman leads the cheers. I was so excited to get him on video leading the section cheer. But he only led the cheer once the whole meet. The meet was the breast cancer awareness meet, so everyone was encouraged to wear pink. Popeye was wearing a pink Utah t-shirt - maybe he wasn't feeling so manly enough, so opted to not rally up the troops. Maybe because after the first rotation, it was pretty obvious the U was going to win, he didn't feel like the team was needing the cheering? Whatever his reason, I was terribly disappointed...
But the best thing we saw is in this video. How cute is this grandpa? I loved watching his performance (they even put him on the big screen), I hope he doesn't mind my sharing his evening out with the grand kids with you.
ps - the next meet is Friday at the 6th. Gals in the ward, I expect you'll be at the ward Valentine's dance, but anyone else wanna go? Let me know. It's against BYU, SUU and Texas Woman's... whomever that is.
The next home meet after that is February 20th.
2 comments:
Oh sooo cute! I love Grandpas! Especially cool ones like that one.
Ooo. I might want to go. How much?
Post a Comment