07 November 2008

Why can't you just wait?

Please know I love the Christmas holiday season. I love Christmas music. I love putting up my decorations. I love buying gifts for the people that mean a lot to me.

Working on Temple Square gives me a nightly fill of beautiful lights, life-sized creches, decorations galore. And though I understand the need to put up the lights starting August, I am glad that they do not turn the lights on until the evening of black Friday.

Last night I had a BLAST at the football game. I woke up happy. Got ready for work, rode the bus into work, got off the bus, walked into my office building and slam... my good mood went out the door. I tried to take pictures, but I think even my camera knew how wrong this sight was.

Do you know what this is?

Is this better?
I really am using my flash...

This is no flash.
I think you can see it now.

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Please stop trying to skip over my favorite holiday -
Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

ariel said...

one of our friends told us we were "slapping thanksgiving in the face" by putting up our tree mid-november. and i am TOTALLY not one to put up the tree before thanksgiving. my only excuse: we will be in hawaii for thanksgiving... so i feel like it's pointless to put up anymore fall decorations AND i want it to be christmasy when i get home from hawaii :) i totally understand why that bothers you though! it usually bothers me too!