
I give you the definition of twilight. And appropriately, that is when I saw the movie Twilight last night... or better stated, this morning.
Vampirate got tickets for the 12:45am show at the Gateway. I took a nap and drove down to endure the madness. There were soooo many women of all ages at the theater, and surprisingly more men than I expected to see. I saw quite a few people I know, but as I was pretty grumpy, I tried to stay on the down low. Having gone to the bed for the night, well at least having gone to bed when I would normally go to bed for the night, only to wake an hour later, well basically:
Cap + lack of sleep = grumpy girl.
(Also: Cap + hunger = grumpy.)
I was a little leery of seeing a midnight viewing because I didn't want to be surrounded by giddy, giggling girls. It helped though attending the midnight show. The previews and first few minutes of the movie were full of squeals of delight, cat calls, applause, you name it. But I'd like to give my thanks to the late hour for mellowing out the audience. I actually was able to just sit back and enjoy the movie. I was really, really, really tired. And though I was indeed enjoying the movie, I found myself supporting my eyelids with my fingers often. I am glad that I went.

I thought the casting director deserves a lot of credit. I really enjoyed the chemistry of the whole cast.
I looked at this picture after taking it, this was right after the film finished. You can see my eyes are hardly open. I decided since I was struggling to stay awake for most of the film, not to retake the photo - it is a fitting photo, my squinting eyes and all.
2 comments:
It was fun ti sit and chat with you about the movie today. I'll let you know how I like it the second time around (I'm going again on Thursday or Friday). Ü
If you go to a matinee I'd consider going again, just can't justify the full price tickets again though...
Post a Comment