So, I have some friends who are UofU football season ticket holders. A married couple - the Dutch oven friends - and a single guy friend (SGF). When he doesn't have a date for the game, SGF asks me to tag along. As he's been going through a series of girlfriends these last few years, it's been a while since I attended a game with these friends.
And then the email came earlier in the week. SGF's girlfriend was sick and wouldn't be able to attend the UofU vs TCU game. Am I game? Uh, ya - a chance to see #9 play #11? I guess I could sit through that.
Only, I didn't sit.
I stood
I shouted
I jumped up and down on the 3rd downs
I had a blast!
Above you can see the "black out" crowd.
We all wore all black. It was really cool to see in person.
I shouted
I jumped up and down on the 3rd downs
I had a blast!
Above you can see the "black out" crowd.We all wore all black. It was really cool to see in person.
One of the fun things about holding season tickets is getting to know your neighbors, some fellow fans. The couple next to us was celebrating I think they said their 31st wedding anniversary. So they brought cookies to share with everyone. Yum!

I remember BYU games when the students would storm the field, hop onto the goal posts and pull them down. I remember sitting and thinking what a bunch of dummies - such a waste of money. Goal posts aren't so cheap. But I was impressed. I watched a group of gentlemen unlock the posts, lower them to the ground, and then remove the upper posts.

Why was this a good idea...?

...because everyone stormed the field (well, we didn't, so not everybody)

Just some football lovin' gals!

OK, we did have two men with us too

Thanks for the fun night my friends!





No comments:
Post a Comment