22 November 2008

I thought you played defense???

So with the five, yes five interceptions and one fumble recovery by Utah's defense today, it is not surprising that the Utah beat BYU 48-24 today. You know boys, I can think of some better ways to show Coach Whittingham you want to play receiver on the offense...

Vampirate came over bring a Gap friend and her sis and cute nephew (and her brother-in-law joined us for the fourth quarter.) And what do you do when you are watching football with a 16 month old? You teach them how to shout "Touchdown" and raise your arms like the officials do. Here are some clips at our attempts. He actually was super great at it and did it over and over. But when the light from my camera turned, as it does when I shoot video, he became a little camera shy. I even tried to cover the light with my fingers, but just the fact that I was holding the camera up, he's a smart kid, he knew I was recording.

Attempt #1

Why are you saying touchdown and raising your arms...?

Attempt #2

He says it, but as he's lying on the table, his arms are otherwise engaged

Attempt #3

Yeah, his arms go up

Attempt #4

Usually when he says it over and over
he uses his arms

Attempt #5

Here it seems he was a little tired of it all
Can't say I blame him
You can only watch a team make the SAME mistake so many times

So a shout out to Vampirate's nephew for making it a bearable game to watch

(I would also like to give a quick shout out to the Wazzu Cougs for their double overtime victory to end their discouraging season with a win - sadly ending their season 2-10.)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I had no idea you had a blog so I'm really glad you left me a comment! I'm impressed with how quick you are to post about the big game. I wish the game would have been a little closer because it makes it more fun to watch.