13 July 2010

My Community Adventure Continues

(I should probably start using photos of my campus
so I don't infringe upon any copyrights...)

I've kind of started taking notes of what takes place in class each day. Now I'm sure none of this will be nearly as entertaining to you as it is to me, but I just die inside everyday in class. I have to pull out my phone and check email or read the paper online to distract me from the absurdity. Here are some of the things I've been noticing lately about my classmate, the Jeff Wannabe (JWB for short).

First of all, JWB has started addressing my professor by his first name. "Now Paul...," "So what you are saying Paul...," "Am I understanding you correctly Paul..." I don't know, maybe he is looking for a letter of recommendation from our professor so he's trying to make sure that he knows who he is.

And JWB always has to be the one to answer the questions. It doesn't matter that others have their hands raised. From the back of the classroom where he sits, he just calls out, "Paul, I got the answer of...." It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong, he let's us all know his answer. Our professor likes to put problems for us to work out on the board. Today he put one up and we went to work. After a few minutes, he started to work out the problem on the board. He asked what we got, and actually looked at me (I don't know, I've gotten between 98 and 102 on our three exams so far, I might know what I'm doing. JWB, no 98 yet.) I look up at the board and tell him I actually solved the whole problem, while he was doing it in parts, so couldn't give him the answer he was looking for at that moment. JWB immediately proclaims he too worked out the whole problem so didn't have that answer either. After he worked the problem the whole way, JWB starts asking, "So Paul, will I ever get the wrong answer by working the whole problem out at once instead of breaking it down like you did?" Really? Did he really ask that. But it gets better. "Paul should I show everyone how I did it on the board?" And my professor agreed. The way he showed it wasn't actually the best way to do it, and he probably confused some of our classmates. Oh well. I just laughed inside!

And finally, for those of you doubting my gaydar. His phone rang during class the other day. Can you guess his ringtone? Glee!!! hahahaha - for real. I couldn't hide the laughter that time. I know that there are some straight guys who enjoy Glee and more power to them frankly. But putting a Glee song for your ringtone? That SCREAMS gay folks.

Oh what will Jeff Wannabe do next?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

:) At least he makes class entertaining!!! I would definitely have a hard time keeping a straight face!

Becca said...

I love these descriptions. I take ALL my classes with ALL the same people. We get to know each other really well. I can't think of who the JWB would be, but we definitely have a Pierce, an Annie, a Shirley, and a Troy.