09 February 2009

High School Tag


1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? I went out with guys from my high school, but I wouldn't say I dated anyone in high school.

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? Chevy Celebrity and then the Mazda Protege (aka: Nelson) I drove through college and beyond.

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? yes

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? I was the designated driver for my friends in high school

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? yes, but it was more of an innocent flirt. I was just pals with all the guys and didn't think anything of it.

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? choir

7. WERE YOU A NERD? no

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? yes

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? ha! me???

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? did we have a fight song? I remember the high school I graduated from (I attended more than one) we would sing "Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" because our mascot was the Indian

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Most definitely Mr Mansfield, my AP calc teacher

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? In CA we had off campus lunch. The ones I remember most were In 'n' Out, Jimmy Deans (the best fried Zucchini in the world - note to self, go there next time I visit cousins in Valencia) and I remember a coffee shop we'd go to, but don't remember the name.

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? West Linn High School, Chatsworth Senior High School (though I was only enrolled, we moved the week school started) and William S Hart High School

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Lions (green and gold), Chancellors (orange and blue), Indians (red and black)

15. WHO WAS HOMECOMING ROYALTY? I just remember that the queen was a friend who had just passed away with streptococcus pneumonia, the same thing that killed Jim Henson. If I had to guess, I would assume Matt Steffe was the king, but I didn't really care, so can't remember.

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? It wasn't a bad experience, so frankly I don't care either way...

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? My cousin Eric came to my graduation and all my friends fell in love with him and were asking all about him. Oh, and I'm one those silly people who threw her cap early. For grad night, we took an all night cruise to Catalina Island and they had gambling on the boat - kind of weird.

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? Did we have one? My senior year I wasn't at school most Tuesdays. I spent the day at the beach. Most of my friends were 18 our senior year and could write themselves out of school. I had a nice mother who would write me out, probably because I still kept my grades up.

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? I don't remember?

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Of course. As most people know, I had a problem eating in high school, or better said, I had a problem NOT eating. Plus, I finally hit puberty and grew two inches - taller (I didn't stop growing until I was 21).

21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? I didn't go to prom (it was lock in prom - you had to stay the whole time). We went to LA or Hollywood or somewhere instead and did what we wanted to do.

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION? No. I grew up in OR, but since I graduated in CA that's the reunions I'm invited to. I haven't kept in touch with as many people there. And really, I keep in touch with the people I'd want to hang out with at a reunion. No need to go.

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Magic Mountain

24. WERE YOU AN HONOR STUDENT? yes

25. DID YOU TAKE SEMINARY? Early morning - 6am (my first class was at 7am)

26. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR MOST FUN TIME? I have no idea. Maybe after we finished our AP tests each year, because the rest of the school year in those classes we didn't do anything. Actually - we played hearts. It was great.

27. WERE YOU CONSIDERED SHY OR OUTGOING? how about NOT shy (that's how I am today - shy, but don't know that I'd say I was outgoing compared to who I consider an outgoing person)

28. ANY LAST MEMORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? I'll share I'm sure my mother's favorite memory from my time in high school, my all night cast party. I remember it was the weekend my grandfather passed away. I remember I had pulled the phone into the downstairs bathroom to talk to a friend and I did something that killed the answering machine (for those who don't know, that's a little box that was attached to the phone that took messages when you missed a call. This was back in the day well before cell phones and voicemail service provided by the phone companies.) So, anyway, I broke the answering machine. Saturday night was closing night for Guys and Dolls (I was in the cast). After final curtain and set tear down, we went back to another cast member's house for our party. I called many times during the night, and no one ever picked up, and as the answering machine was broken, I couldn't leave a message. So I got home Sunday morning about 6 or 7am. I was 15, I was dropped off by the 18 year guy that liked me at the time (have I ever mentioned that I ran into him after I graduated and he was working in LA as a male escort - yes, he was a winner. At least he was really good looking.) My bedroom light was on. When I got up to my room, my mother was sitting on my bed eating pancakes reminding me that it was the time I was usually getting up. HA! Whatever! I was never given a curfew in high school, so it's not like I broke any rules, and I tried to call many, many times. Haha.

Well, I'm not one to tag people, but if anyone else wants to do this one, go for it. Hopefully I'm not the only one who has forgotten a lot about high school.

No comments: