11 February 2009

Happy birthday Papa!


Today is my grandpa's 88th birthday. I can't believe it. (I constantly remind he and my grandma, who turned 87 last month, that if President Hinckley could live to 97 - they can too.) I had to wait until tonight to post about it. I'd put as my Facebook status today: [I am] jealous [my] mother and brothers (with their families) are attending Papa's 88th birthday party today (sssshhh, it's a surprise though). Yup, my mother is in California meeting her newest granddaughter, so my little brother's family and mother drove down to Aunt VJ's house this morning, baby brother and his family drove down this afternoon and they all surprised Papa by being there with him to celebrate his birthday. Pretty cool. Wish I could have been there, but this is a busy week for me.
Here are some of the older photos that I have scanned of me and Papa as I was growing up




Happy birthday Papa!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for posting those awesome pictures. I especially like the one in the white turtleneck.

Caprene said...

um yah, the clothing in the photos definitely date us all