The Animals
I thought it a bit bizarre
(considering I don't think most of them had ever seen a live cow before...)
But there were some beautiful cows at the Fair
I loved how up close you can see their black splotches(?) have a silver lining
And then check out those varicose veins. I hope insurance covers this cosmetic surgery. Gotta be painful...
floppy eared goats,
and then these goats - with no ears at all.
so I scoped out the turkey options
So, we asked the farmers who were hanging out with their animals just how the animals were judged? What made them award winning? This sign explains it:
Seriously, this was just outside the pig pens
My camera had died before visiting the sheep
Outside their building were two park benches
One said: Eat Lamb
The other: Wear Wool
A bit disturbing if you ask me
Bears
The bears were sucking the trainers fingers
He said that he fed them with baby bottles as cubs
They still suck his fingers for comfort
There were also sharks on display (the real ones were in the tanks)
Mrs Bean and I decided to have a little fun in the diving cage
My camera had died before visiting the sheep
Outside their building were two park benches
One said: Eat Lamb
The other: Wear Wool
A bit disturbing if you ask me
Then there were some animals I wasn't expecting:
The bears were sucking the trainers fingers
He said that he fed them with baby bottles as cubs
They still suck his fingers for comfort
Mrs Bean and I decided to have a little fun in the diving cage
The Craft Fair
NewlywedsThey really do have sideshow acts still
I wish I got a shot of his initial reaction
And if you can't tell what his opinion is...
They said it was kind of sad
She is real
She is just sits there on display
They didn't know how to react
The rides
2nd Place - Yours Truly
3rd Place - Mr Bean
Runner-up - the Boy
It was so fun!
We couldn't stop laughing!
The Food
Seeing so many people eating funnel cake
I'd never had one before
I think I'd like another one please
Right now!
So good
We found them
Who knew Navajo is actually spelled Navaho
Maybe calling it a garden made people more comfortable that the stand was selling alcohol?
(for those of you not in Utah, there are pretty strict liquor laws here)
And I do not feel the need to ever eat another deep fried Twinkie
We ended the day by watching the rodeo. We saw a very impressive Mutton Buster - the little girls dominated the competition. We saw bunking bronco (a horse) just drop onto it's side, while the cowboy was still riding out the bunks. A possibly serious injury, but that tough cowboy eventually stood up and walked it off. Miraculously no broken bones.
What an awesome day! The fair continues through out this week. If you go, please bring me another delicious funnel cake. I like it with cinnamon and sugar please.
What an awesome day! The fair continues through out this week. If you go, please bring me another delicious funnel cake. I like it with cinnamon and sugar please.
4 comments:
WAIT WHAT???? the little woman is for real??????
You probably did see us! Shows how much I was paying attention, I didn't even see you! You may have seen Tyson's twin too... him and his wife were with us. Although it would be tough to mistake her for me. She's blonde and skinnier than me.
The fair is my next blog post, I just haven't gotten around to it. Actually, I haven't even transferred the pictures off our camera yet. Oh well, I'll get to it one of these days!
Hope the choir is going well. Provo, is actually treating us well.
Thanks for the comment! BTW, good luck with the school stuff. Sounds like it will be a crazy time!
Yep. Pigs are cuter than cows. That's for sure. :)
Those bears are awesome.
Post a Comment