20 September 2009

Fall is in the Air

This last week I had the opportunity to drive up Provo Canyon and see the start of fall. The colors of the leaves are starting to change, the bright oranges and yellows and reds are making their appearances. Give it a week or two and the brilliance will be on full display. I can’t wait.

And neither can the Dutch oven family children. This week, the Dutch Oven family went from a family of four to a family of five. I spent Friday evening with them. Following dinner, the eldest child instructed his dad that the leaves were falling from the trees and he needed to rake them up so that he could jump into the piles. It is only the start of fall though, so there weren’t that many leaves out back. Or were there?

Yes, he is using pliers to collect his leaves. If dad won't do it, he'll build his own piles.

Little brother started jumping right into the pile as soon as he could.

What are you most excited for in fall?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm I love fall. Cool mornings and crunchy leaves. Plus soup. Mmmm soup. :) I love fall.

Jen Lynn said...

I'd say Provo Canyon if I were in Provo still. I think that's the most beautiful place you can be in the fall. I love it.

I love the smell of fall and the coziness of it all.