19 April 2009

Has Spring Sprung?


Regardless of if spring is here to stay, I unpacked the spring/summer wardrobe yesterday. I've been craving the brighter colors, the lighter fabrics - change.

In an attempt to save money, I'm one of those silly girls who has two wardrobes, split each is only in my closet six months of the year. So it's almost like getting a whole new wardrobe twice a year... or at least that is what it is supposed to feel like.



Of course everything has to be clean and neatly pressed before it is packed away. So my drying racks are overflowing with winters clothes right now.



Atop my stairs sit two large bags full of fall/winter clothes (also clean and neatly pressed) and shoes ready for donation to the DI - the certain fate for items not worn in six months.

I unpacked the spring/summer clothes, pressing all of those items to erase the 6 month fold creases. It's always amusing: reminding myself of the clothing I own - hoping it still fits; realizing what unused items went to the DI last fall as I packed the clothes up; wondering which items would enter my closet for the last time?


I apologize to those of you in Utah who I have now fated another Spring snow storm upon. Without fail, it always snows at least one more time after I've packed away the cold weather clothing. I try to hold out as long as I can, and though I think this is the longest I've held out, I just couldn't wait any longer.

Fortunately the forecast for most of this week is for warm weather. And lucky me, I will be leaving town for six days, just as the weather is expected to turn cold again.

1 comment:

Chris and Tara said...

I think you're crazy to pack up all your clothes every six months. Way too much work for me. Ü