


So almost a year ago now, my friends and I used our season ticket holder, early-buy advantage and purchased over $15,000 in extra tickets for Wicked for friends and family. It was quite the ordeal for me: keeping everything straight as to who's order was who's and then once I got all the tickets in the mail, I had to distribute them to the respective owners.
The show started it's run last two weeks ago. Everyone has their tickets. Everyone is happy. My work is done... not.
We got tickets for someone to attend the matinee last Sunday. That particular performance had a schedule change. Though matinees traditionally begin at 2pm, this particular performance had to begin at 1pm. How did they let people know?
When was all said and done, I received SEVEN phone calls (6 prerecorded messages, one live person); 2 emails; 1 snail mail letter. BIU wanted to be sure that everyone knew about the time change. I felt it was a little over the top, but can understand that they didn't want anyone to blame them for the incorrect time on their tickets.
But I'm still getting phone calls.
I have now answered - there have been many missed calls coincidentally from an unknown number - but I've answered two calls, one last Tuesday, one today - and I'm pretty sure one will come next Tuesday. Again, it is a prerecorded message reminding patrons to look at their tickets and be sure we attend on the correct date and at the correct time. As every performance is sold out - patrons will not be able to buy tickets for another another performance if we miss ours. BIU is not at fault if we come on the wrong night.
I'm guessing that since the tickets were purchased so far in advance people are forgetting when they are going?
If any of you are going to Wicked, or any show for that matter, please be sure that you are looking at your tickets and know the correct date and time of your performance.
OK, BIU - you can stop calling me know. I've done my duty and spread the word...
No comments:
Post a Comment