Being single, you can miss out on a lot. For years I dated guys who said they liked theater, they liked the symphony - but we never went. I started volunteering with both organizations so I could enjoy the performances. Fast forward a few years, I found some girls friends to get season tickets with to the theater. There are other things I love though, and don't like missing out on. So I found a way around that. I like to treat friends to the events I enjoy.
I love Ballet West's The Nutcracker. I've seen lots of versions of the Nutcracker, and for some reason I've always considered theirs one of the best. A few years ago my mother came out for my cousin's December wedding, so we went. But it had been too long. I was really craving some good Nutcracker this last holiday season.
My Dutch Oven Friends' little girl will be four this year. I thought it would be a great year to take her and her mom. My friends are having girls now, I am excited to start this tradition (if they want to participate) and go again over the next few years as their girls get old enough as well. I have to admit I really appreciate my friends letting me treat them to these events. I always hope that nothing I do is ever construed as overstepping my bounds, or taking away from something they want to do with their kids. It makes me feel good about myself that I can share these experiences I loved as a child with other kids, even if they aren't my own.
Ballet West was asked to perform The Nutcracker in New York or DC? I can't remember which, but one of the two. So that was two weeks without local performances. It made t difficult to find a day, and a day with seats I find worth it (OK, I like to sit in the front of the Grand Tier, sue me) But we found a Saturday that would work. And it was awesome. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.
We took Trax to avoid holiday parking headaches. Check out this little lady ready for the show.
Here's the three of us, I think the little lady has the self portrait fun shot pose down pat
She found her Nutcracker prince, they even match
Picture ops all over the lobby
And we donated the $3 to have our picture with the cast at the Sugar Plum Fairy party we went to after the performance
It was a fun day.





No comments:
Post a Comment