That's the last time he cut his hair.
Here he is 9 years ago when his daughter was born.
Every other picture I found of him over the years, he has his hair tied back. Like below, in the picture we took last week.
So a year ago, I offered a challenge. I told him I would grow my hair out for a year. And then after a year, we'd cut our hair. Not all the way off, not super short, but cut it none the less. I have hope that he'll cut at least one locks of love length (that's where we're sending it.) His hair goes below his waste. I think his hair will still be at least as long as mine is, well, was, when I cut it.today. Yup, my hair is gone.
Here it is this morning. A couple inches above my waste
Tied up and ready to cut. My hair is way too thick for the scissors to have cut it in one ponytail.
Two 10+ inches locks
And the final product
I have no intention of keeping short hair. I have SO much hair, it is just too thick and would require a trim every three weeks. I work for a non-profit and have a fabulously amazing, albeit expensive, stylist - I can't afford that. So, back out we grow. I think 3-4 inches longer will be just about right.
The one quote that kept running through my mind as the approaching "cut day" approached comes from Little Women when Amy reacts to Jo's cutting off of her hair in commenting, "Jo, how could you, your one beauty." Fortunately, though I receive lots of undeserved compliments on my hair, my lifetime has been full of compliments of my smile. So I still have one of the two, not too shabby.
Happy cutting baby brother...







No comments:
Post a Comment