21 January 2013

Little Man Daybreak's Birthday

Well, little man Daybreak is a big brother now. Mrs Daybreak had her twins, girls, in December.  They were finally able to come home yesterday.  Yesterday is when little man Daybreak first met his sisters (no kids in the NICU during the winter, RSV precautions.) Helping get him prepare for the importance of being a brother was the theme of my birthday presents a few weeks ago.  My awesome friend Gretchen made this sign for me (if you need vinyl help, I can totally hook you up with her contact info). I found the saying soon after learning the little man would become a big brother.  I thought it perfect.


But since being a superhero is pretty important to a five year old, I also made him two jet packs to assist in his heroic rescues.  I say a picture in one of Mrs Daybreak's kids magazines and made my own version. The kids at the party had a blast running at rocket speed around the house.


And then I made the birthday cake. Can you guess who it is?  After I finished putting it together, little man asked me where his body was.  That was just a little too much for me to take on. =)


Oh the fun of children's birthdays.

1 comment:

Kim said...

you see it in a mag and voila, it is made. are you a genie? maybe so. those look great Caprene.