I've been a little distracted helping out with the Daybreak twins lately. But here is the start of some catching up.
My grandpa's little brother celebrated his 90th birthday in February. His wife threw a huge party for him. Invitations went out last year. Travel plans were made. And I finally made my first trip to Yuma, AZ. I've heard of Yuma for years. You see, once upon a time, my grandpa and his siblings, all owned trailer homes in Yuma. It was their winter home. My great uncle and his wife still live there in their doped out trailer home. No, for real. It is so cool what my uncle has done to his place. And he did it all himself. Seriously. He is the energizer bunny in person. And he proved it at his birthday party.
Here are some photos of the evening.
![]() |
| Most of the relatives who made the trek to Yuma. |
![]() |
| My uncle and his cute wife who planned the event. |
![]() |
| My uncle is quite the partier. He goes to dances at their clubhouse weekly, perhaps twice a week, to go dancing. He danced the whole night long. |
![]() |
| Here he is dancing with his sister-in-law, my grandma. |
![]() |
| My mother and her sisters shook a foot or two as well. |
![]() | |||
| I love photos like this. It is so good to see my grandmother smiling and enjoying herself. |
![]() |
| My great uncle and his two namesakes |
![]() |
| Mr and Mrs Bean's little girl was a little grumpy after waking from a nap. We tried making faces at her to make her smile. |
![]() |
| Two cousins scheming and planning the next reunion. Looks like they have some great ideas! |
A sign the town your are vacationing in hosts a lot of elderly visitors? Mechanical arms that hoist people into the hot tub and into the pool. (Can you see both of them in the photo below?)
We visited the territorial prison in Yuma. I found some interesting things through the tour.
This theme should be taught to youth today. "Anything [you can] not make for [your]self or barter for, [you have] to do without."
Who writes this sort of thing about a prison?
Or this?
I thought this sign was funny going into a restaurant:
| Food and drink not allowed in the restaurant? So what do they serve? (I think they need to add "Outside" to the start of their statement. I believe that is the point they are trying to make.) |
And we made a quick stop to the Mormon Battalion monument.
My parents and I actually flew in and out of San Diego. We drove straight to Yuma after landing, but spent a day exploring after spending a couple days in Yuma.
We visited old town, posed with the wooden Indians (as kids, when our parents wanted us to be quiet, we'd have to pretend we were wooden Indians.) I wonder if I won the competitions since obviously, I am really good at it.
The view from out hotel on the bay.
Luckily, we got to meet up with my cousin and his family in Little Italy (just a few blocks from out hotel.) So great to see them.
My mother and I flew out in the morning and my dad in the evening. So he took advantage of of some of his extra time and was able to visit the Midway Aircraft carrier across the street from our hotel. Now that I'm reading The Caine Mutiny and am trying to picture this ship.
The food they served up in the mess hall.
I did look at it from my hotel balcony, and it was just huge. It's even bigger standing on the deck.
It was a fun trip, a great time.












1 comment:
Too bad you didn't have time to see Robert and his family. They are in LaMesa.
Post a Comment