31 July 2011

The Ward All-Star Team, The Aaronic Priesthood

(image compliments of lds.org)

Warning: this is an LDS observation, not everyone will understand. But I totally invite you to attend an LDS sacrament meeting to see what I am talking about... and maybe learn a little and maybe feel the spirit and maybe meet the missionaries and maybe.... OK, I'm off topic, back to the All-Stars.

Have you watched the young men when they pass the sacrament? I watched today. I watched how, as they passed the bread, the young men passing the sacrament were aware of their "teammates." I watched how they would quickly, but oh so reverently, switch up their position to cover for another, to handle a hole in the middle of an aisle or an aisle that was taking longer than the others. I watched how they adapted to the attendance of today's meeting. I also saw a couple who just followed the pattern they were given and then stood waiting for the others to finish and the line to form. And then when it was time to pass the water, I watched the same boys learn from, not mistakes, but learn from how passing the bread had transpired, and they made adjustments and improvements in the "plays" that didn't work out so well the first time.

Probably totally sacrilegious of me, but as I'm a people watcher, and it actually told me a lot about the personalities of our deacons quorum, the future Stake All-Star team.

That's all.

No comments: