10 July 2011

10 Days Off


Some friends and I went to Florida a couple weeks ago. While there, we headed up to Orlando to have our own Harry Potter experience. A few weeks ago I finally watched Deadly Hallows part 1. Before the movie began, there was an ad for Universal Orlando and Harry Potter-land. I suddenly wanted to go. And since my friends and I had already planned our trip to Florida... two plus two equals four grown women visiting Harry Potter-land, right?

Hogwarts

All Aboard

Ready to go to school

Please, please pick me...

No, me, me...

Here's some of the village

And more...

The reporter and I had frozen butter beer (it isn't carbonated)
and Miss Kappa Delta had the real stuff.
Mrs Daybreak stuck with water.

We then thought we'd venture onto other parts of the park as well

Not sure why we struck a pose -
but just shows we're still young at heart...

We ran into a T-Rex along the way

Ready to take on Popeye

We were already wet.
Now, we were ready to get "soakin'" wet

Ready?

Ringing out our shirts
"Soakin'" was the appropriate warning

We wandered into Dr Seuss-land

As you are walking in, there is a sign, letting you know have arrived at a great photo spot...

You ARE supposed to stand at that sign to take the photo right?

We asked a tourist to take a photo of the four of us.
Guess he didn't read the sign about the great photo spot.
So, we aren't sure what the great photo spot really looks like.
We look pretty great though, don't we?

Mrs Daybreak took a break to chat with the Thorax

After a long day on our feet, we decided to hop a ride.

If only all cops were so nice...

Ironically, the longest line of the day was for The Cat In the Hat
(Miss Kappa Delta actually fell asleep -
we didn't know until she saw this photo and said she didn't even know was taken)

But we were all smiles in the end.

The Dumbo equivalent ride turned out to be a water ride.

You can see the top of The Cat in the Hat ride behind us...

The reporter actually does PR now (I guess I should change her code name)
She check out a bunch of books on our trip too.

And we did spend many days on the beach

At the pool

And Sundays I sat on the balcony and read,
and maybe napped too.

Ready for my next trip!

1 comment:

Paw@: said...

How fun. You might remember from our blog last year that we took Sage and family to Potterland just after it opened. Your pictures brought back great memories. How did you like the snow on the roofs while you boil? We loved the butterbeer too, especially the frozen. We also made sure we did all the water rides to keep nice and cool.
Roger and Caroly