My dad emailed the other day mentioning how I haven't been blogging lately. It really isn't that I haven't had anything to blog about, it has just been that I have been really busy lately, I haven't been home much as I stay at my Daybreak friends' house to watch their son while Mr Daybreak travels for work and Mrs. Daybreak performs in a play in SLC. I've just not had much time, outside my busy work day, when I am in front of a computer.
Well, my dad sent his email on Wednesday. I stayed at my friends' house that night. Thursday morning when I walked out to my car, this is what I found...
Notice something missing? Um, yes, you are looking at the wires that should be in my side view mirror sticking out. I then noticed sitting on the hood...
...the mirror. I immediately looked at the side of the car, to see if someone had hit me, and knocked off the mirror in the process. But no dents, no scratches. I went back into the house to report what happened. I figured someone hit it during the night and then a runner in the morning picked up the mirror and sat it on the hood. We walked back out to the car, I opened the door and saw...
*note: I am not a messy person. My car is always clean and in order - I would never leave the center console open with the cables for connecting my iPOD to the stereo, my blue tooth head set for my phones, nor my charger for my phones just sitting out like that. And also....
...I wouldn't leave my jockey box open nor stuff on the seat (sorry, bright sun sort of overpowering view of stuff on seat.)
I arrived at the following conclusion: Someone broke into my car Wednesday night. I don't keep anything of value in my car. Upon looking through everything, and not finding anything, in their anger, they smashed off my side mirror. (if they'd looked in the ask tray they would have found some quarters meant for use at car washes at least for the effort.) What a jerk eh? Now I am struggling to drive without the mirror and trying to figure out when I will actually have the time to get it fixed.
So my friends and family, I ask of you, when you notice I am not blogging, please don't think there is nothing going on, that I am not blogging for lack of something to say. Just remember that even single girls' lives can get really busy, and so blogging has to be put off a little. You don't need to remind me to blog. I really don't need anything else happening, worthy of a blog, for a while - especially ones that will cost me so much to repair.
Disclaimer: I do not blame my dad for my car break in. Quite a coincidence though eh?
2 comments:
What a jerk! (the guy who broke into your car- certainly not your dad). I dont keep anything valuable in my car either... some diapers.. some wipes... cd cases... I should probably reinforce our sideview mirrors ;) i hope they were able to get fingerprints!
Bummer! Sorry about your car. I hear ya on being busy though and not having time to blog - even the things you'd like to share.
Post a Comment