So my dad and I both sing. Lately my dad has commented on how we've never sung together at Church, etc. And while I realize it's true we've never sung together in front of a large crowd, there are countless times we've sung together... in the car. Some of my favorite memories include my dad and I driving in his baby blue VW beetle (pictured above), be it to school or to spend a day with him at work, and singing along to the radio. I even remember two of my favorite songs...
(unfortunately I can't share the video because of copyright,
but here is a link if you'd like to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMTprSEbF4)
(full video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzGMEfbnAw)
I'm working on Christmas gifts for my family. I downloaded these songs today for part of one of my gifts. I haven't listened to either song in a while.
I will admit, I swore growing up that I didn't like country music. That the first country song I liked was Martina McBride's Independence Day and that it wasn't until after my mission that I actually started to listen to country radio stations. And while I continue to enjoy country music, I've learned my liking actually started at a younger age - the age of six, when my dad and I would sing along in the car to Juice Newton. Did you listen to these songs? Did you notice her twain?
Who Knew?
I will admit, I swore growing up that I didn't like country music. That the first country song I liked was Martina McBride's Independence Day and that it wasn't until after my mission that I actually started to listen to country radio stations. And while I continue to enjoy country music, I've learned my liking actually started at a younger age - the age of six, when my dad and I would sing along in the car to Juice Newton. Did you listen to these songs? Did you notice her twain?
Who Knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment