17 June 2009

Seattle - The Aquarium

Our last day, we went to the Seattle Aquarium with Mrs. Daybreak's mother and her sister-in-law and son – yup, another redhead.
(*disclaimer: you are not permitted to use a flash inside the aquarium, so I'm sorry these are so dark)

Baby Daybreak's cousin was a bit braver when it came to touching the fish. Amazing the extra courage a child learns in a few months (he's two months older than Baby Daybreak.)


Showing mom and grandma his bravery.


Meet Mr. Octopus…


I love this shot right after seeing the octopus. I think Popeye needs to teach Baby Daybreak how to be brave when facing an octopus.


There were scuba divers feeding the fish, and in this shot, the diver has a brush in her hand and she is cleaning the coral - guess the habitat isn't totally natural.


Look – it's Nemo, his dad Marlin and pal Dory


I have a new respect for my parents. I don't know how they successfully got pictures of me and my brothers in these sorts of get ups. It's tough work.


Outside the restaurant where we ate was this lovely fisherman. I really wanted his catch… (look a picture of me, I know, shocking!)


The little fellas tried to escape, but grandma was there to catch them.


Grandma bought some really yummy, fresh doughnuts for us to snack on.


That night we flew home. Baby Daybreak fell asleep in Seattle en route to airport, slept through checking in, security, his mom and I getting dinner, the boarding process, the entire flight, exiting the plane, baggage claim - he stayed asleep until we got into the car to drive home. Isn't that a sure sign of a fun vacation? You come home exhausted… in need of a vacation after/from the vacation?


Well, the next trip is a family reunion in California in a week. Seriously, I should be renting out my place this summer since I'm never home.

No comments: