On Sunday, we ended up going to Morro Bay after all (little sis-in-laws family is actually from the town.) And then we headed up to Hearst Castle. We weren't sure if it would be open or not. If I've ever been, it would have been when I was really young, because I do not remember anything about it.
Now, I've seem Citizen Kane a few times, and know the story is supposed to somewhat be based on the life of William Randolf Hearst. So that kind of helps me understand a little. You see, I know that I've gone to the Getty museums and admission is free. At the Huntington library and gardens, one admission gets you access to it all. Hearst Castle - $20 a tour. The tours last an hour and forty-five minutes. There are 5 tours to take that get you access to, well, all the areas open to tourists. It's still guided and timed. I couldn't believe we couldn't even drive up around it.
Needless to say, I guess I'll have to wait until I someday come into millions of dollars of my own to be able to afford the tours of Hearst Castle. Um, I don't think I'll make it in this lifetime.
Here's as close as I got...

No comments:
Post a Comment