09 March 2009

The Madonna


When I saw the marquee of this inn in San Luis Obispo, we kept driving by, though I am smart enough to know it's not a hotel named for the pop star, I did think it was a central California, Catholic tribute to the Madonna, like the countless missions in the area, maybe they had a statue or painting that is infamous of the Madonna. But I was wrong on all accounts. The Madonna Inn is just a local landmark.

Here are some shots of the inn that I took




This is the exterior of the Copper Cafe, where we ate lunch - the place was decked out with copper everywhere and murals painted on all the walls. Pretty yummy food. But the best part were the slices of cake we took home. Oh boy, to die for, yummy!

There is also an overpowering dominance of the color pink everywhere. Case in point, the light posts in the parking lot...



The sugar shakers on our table...


Lots of pink. The perfect location for little sis-in-law's baby shower three months ago.

Here's the steakhouse part - this is the daily decoration, I've been warned about the holiday get up.


(note, more pink)

They are also know for the waterfall urinal in the men's room, which I wasn't able to see, so here's some photos from online...




A fun place.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I really hope you didn't stay there. I wouldn't trust the linens.

Katie said...

Wait that's supposed to be on the Madonna hotel....