This article in USA Today exemplifies one of the things I think is wrong with our society. What event is causing the resurgence of this debate? The death of a celebrity. And in the article, what other notable deaths are referenced as the justification for why helmets should be required on the ski slopes? Two other celebrity deaths.
Never mind that 10 years ago, while in the mission field, I received a letter from one of my best friends telling me that another of our close friends was in a coma because of an accident on the slopes. An accident he fortunately survived, but he is still recovering from his month long coma, 10 years later.
So if this debate really does resurface and they are really going to try set this as a slope requirement, that's find. But let's focus on how it will save the everyday people like you and me, not how many celebrity deaths it could have prevented had it been required years ago.
Thank you.
I am stepping off my soapbox now.
(This link connected to "soapbox" is one of the funniest things I've seen. Take a minute and enjoy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment