06 February 2017

Number Four Turns Four

I think I'm going to stick with numbers for the kids. So much easier. And yes, I'm super behind and will have to attempt to catch up in random order of events. But for now, today number four turns four. 

Since we have the kids this weekend, we've been able to celebrate with friends and then family. I threw my first kiddo birthday party. I had great plans, and then Amazon Prime failed me. No longer does two-day shipping mean you'll get it in two days. I'm not sure when that change officially took place, but unfortunately it seemed to happen last week, the day I ordered all the party goods. So Mr Dreamy and I regrouped, stuck with the same theme, but made a quick stop to Hobby Lobby for the things we needed at the party. 
Of course, while we waited for all the girls to arrive, we had a little dance party.

I created a "Candyland" style game board for the girls. We had notecards with the color squares indicating how far they were to move on the game board. The black squares had the actual activities on them. Coloring. Stencil painting. Playdough art. 
 
 

 

 
Following the games, while my mother and sisters in law cleaned up the tables to set up for the next activity, I read a great little bedtime story we have called: Pink Cupcake Magic. And then the girls got to decorate and create their own magical pink cupcakes.

 
 Followed by presents.
 
And the fun of trying to get all eight little girls (ages 2-4) to pose for a photo together.
 
We chose to do her breakfast in bed Sunday morning before Church since that was easier than waking her before 6am to since we currently leave around 6:15am for work. No photos of everyone's bedheads. Also yesterday, pre-super bowl, we celebrated with the family. Why don't kids like to open their eyes for photos?
 
But we kept her laughing until we got a smile, even if she isn't looking at the camera.

 
I sure am grateful to have this little lady (and her dad and brothers) in my life.

No comments: