24 February 2017

Date Night

So, having been, as everyone says, thrown into motherhood (for the record, I wasn't thrown in. I knew Mr Dreamy had kids when we started dating, I wasn't in any way caught off guard, I went into our marriage fully aware, and absolutely as excited as could be by all the changes our marriage would bring to my life. Went in eyes wide open,) so anyway, being new to parenthood of a teenager, preteen, adolescent, and now just older than toddler, I've been joining a few webinars, reading lots of books, following some new to me blogs and websites, so that I can find positive ways to work with and help our children when they have struggles. (If you have any recommendations, I'll take 'em.) Mr Dreamy and I talk often of what we can do in our home to be sure the children have their time with us together and one on one. So we've been doing date nights/activities, and it's been fun.


A little while ago, I was made aware of a Princess Ball supporting the high school dance team that one of my former young women from Saratoga Springs is involved with. I let Mr Dreamy know and the next date night with #4 was decided. And boy did they have fun. A new tradition may have begun.


#4 already goes through multiple outfits a day, and went through many dresses before settling on her final choice for the night.



And the photo shoot fun before leaving. I don't have the photos from the dance. They had an incredible time though. The girls on the dance team were all dressed as different Disney princesses. She got autographs and photos. I think this is a really cute story from the night. Randomly, #4 was lying down on the floor, in the middle of the dance floor. Mr Dreamy warned her that she was going to get stepped on, that it wasn't safe being on the floor. She quickly responded, "But I'm looking at the stars." He looked up. They had put twinkle lights across the ceiling and she just had to get the best view.






While they were dancing the night away, beneath the stars, I headed to Cabelas with the boys. Within maybe two minutes of arriving, it was declared the favorite store of all three.




I actually did the target shooting too, and actually all but one of the targets on my 20 shots (obviously, the sensors are not super accurate.)



A fun night for all. I sure love these five people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am happy to see #4 choose the dress I made for her. I,m happy about date night.