17 January 2016

On a Happier Note

 

 
 I've neglected talking about some of the good things going on. I often wonder if I don't talk about the good things because I know they'll end (see previous post). But vacations end because they are supposed to, so here’s one to talk about.
My cabin trip this year was a little different. I went a week later because I was running a trail Ragnar at the end of the next weekend in northern Washington. Due to the fires in Oregon and Washington last August/September, the race was canceled. But my cousin the Bean was on my relay team, and I was super excited she decided to still come up and stay at the cabin with me.
Before her arrival, I did my usual cabin projects. This year that included painting the pump house. Here’s some before and after shots.




And of course, I went into Pullman to visit with Dad's baby brother and his family who live there. And my uncle and I took the annual tour around the campus of Washington State University.



This year I was actually in town when there was a home game, but I couldn't find anyone to attend with me (darn jobs making them work on Saturdays.) I still visited the stadium. Maybe next year, fingers crossed!



After picking the Bean up in Spokane, I took her to Waterfront park to see the fun figures around the park. 


 I made sure she still participated in a race.







I may have even rigged it so she could win.



What adult doesn’t want to play on a ginormous Red Rider Wagon?




This is a cool carousel. As you go around, you try to grab these rings from a shoot and then you toss the rings at a target. If you get the gold ring, you win a free ride.



Of course the newbie got the gold ring…



We rode bikes into town, ate at some new to me restaurants, read books, sat on the lake, watched movies, and of course, ran Tubb’s Hill.


I hope she had as great of time as I did doing cabin stuff.

I love my cabin!
 

1 comment:

Kim said...

My nephew David and I like the big wagon. So pleased to know you regularly enjoy and paint the lake cabin. You rock.