A friend and I were talking last night and she was asking me about the difference between the last guy I dated, let's call him "Texter" and you'll know why if you read the post two entries back or so, and the guy I'm dating now - let's call him, well, Mr. Dreamy.
With Texter, I'd decided that I needed to really give this guy a chance. I've addressed this before, I know everything thinks I'm picky when I so am NOT, but I do make a habit of turning guys from dates into good friends. I try to convince guys why maybe I'm not the best pick for them. Etc. I'm silly. But with Texter, I tried to just go with it, and it went fast - but I was trying so hard to be open. And I looked past red flags, with that voice screaming at me, "If you stop seeing him for that, everyone will know you are picky." Even though, really, they were red flags that today, I'm so, so glad I am not dealing with (I wouldn't have been able to look past them much longer).
I don't hate Texter. He's a dumby, but I don't hate him. In fact, as I told my friend last night, I am really grateful for him. I am grateful that I decided I need to be open to what could happen, I needed to let him in, I needed to go with it. Because when Mr. Dreamy came into my life not long after Texter hit the road, I still knew that I needed to keep trying, and I needed to be open.
Somethings about Mr. Dreamy (only some, because come on guys, you know how difficult it is for me to open up to others about this stuff...) - he really is dreamy.
He calls me. Wait, what? A guy CALLS a girl in the year 2016? Furthermore, I ask: can people make phone calls anymore? Aren't texting, commenting on social media posts, etc the only ways people communicate anymore. No my friends, he calls, and it is awesome. I am so uncomfortable and awkward on the phone, I prefer face to face to be honest, but still I love that he calls.
He is kind. Not just to me (and trust me, he treats me so very well.) He's on the more shy side like I am, but he says hi to people we pass on the street or at a restaurant or who sit next to us at an event we attend. It makes me smile.
He has great taste. I've dated plenty of guys who say they like the symphony or say they like the opera or the theatre, etc. Mr Dreamy actually does. We've already attended a number of things together. And you want to know something super cute to me? He sort of reads up, or studies what we are going to before we attend. For example, we saw the musical "The Count of Monte Cristo" a few weeks ago, he read up on the story before we went and he was telling me stuff he'd learned about. Melt.my.heart.
The list can go on and on and on. He really is such a great guy, and makes me so happy. I don't know what's going to happen. But I am being open to where this can go. Yes, he's definitely becoming a great friend in the process, but I'm not letting the relationship be limited to friendship. And when I have my freak out moments, because I do, it's amazing how he can calm me down. It feels so natural being with him, and for that, I'm so grateful. I've only posted one photo on social media, and that was on Instagram, but I thought, ok, be brave me... I'll share a photo here too. Deep breath me, you can do this... really, you can do it... Meet my amazing boyfriend, Mr. Dreamy.


4 comments:
Wonderful news. Enjoy the shining moments.
Seriously? Calls, kind, and cultured? He's a keeper, Cappers.
Tall, cultured, kind, thoughtful...yep, he sounds like one of the good ones! Can't wait to meet him.
Gag. So much gross mushiness. I love it. !!!!!!!
Post a Comment