At the beginning of the summer, I took a trip to Chicago with some friends. Miss Kappa Delta grew up in the Chicago area, and I've told her for years that we will go so she can show me her Chicago. This summer worked, so lizard, Miss Kappa Delta and I met up in the windy city. The requirements for the trip were 1) a home game for the Cubs so we could go to Wrigley and 2) a race in town for me to run. I found a few weekends that would meet our requirements, but it took so long to decide on the weekend, the race cost too much for my pocketbook. But we did catch the game.
 |
| We visited the home where she grew up in Winnetka. |
 |
| The trees she'd climb |
 |
| The shores of Lake Michigan where she spent casual time |
 |
| The breakfast spot with some pretty yummy grub |
 |
| The park with the fun statues that you have to imitate |
 |
| The field where her favorite team plays |
 |
| Though they lost that day |
 |
| Lizard and I showed our Cubs spirit though |
 |
| These condos are pretty cool with their rooftop seating, which prevents the field from expanding higher. |
 |
| Our view of the field from the bleacher seats |
 |
| The seagulls are well accustomed to the games, and started attacking for the peanut shells, extra food before the game ended. |
 |
| We took the boat tour of Chicago architecture |
 |
| I enjoyed the book "The Devil in the White City" and enjoyed reading the history of the World's Fair in Chicago and the building of the first huge Ferris Wheel. I was disappointed that the Ferris Wheel was gone. This one seemed pretty high though, so I still had a view of a cool, huge Ferris Wheel. |
 |
Quite the skyline with gold capped buildings
|
Our tour boat driver was a little not so trustworthy. She was driving with her feet. She only used her hands when she made a U-turn at one point in the tour. Isn't this a little weird for someone guiding a tour of people on a boat?
And we had lots and lots of super yummy food. And they had great gluten free options for me.
A great trip with some great friends. Oh, and though I didn't run in a race, I did go for a nice long run along the river trail. And I actually run into the race I was going to run, so ran a little of that route.
No comments:
Post a Comment