But my sweet grandma, years ago, started sending me caramels for my birthday as well - a box all for ME. Conveniently they always seemed to arrive around when my home or visiting teachers stopped by, or friends stopped over - I always shared though.
Since grandma is living in Utah now, I felt I needed to take advantage and learn to make the her special caramels. Little did I know that the cookbook she made for the married grand kids, of which I guilt-ed her out of a copy, has the recipe in it already. But there is something about making it with another that helps so much.
So yesterday I headed to Spanish Fork, and we made caramels. And today, a neighbor who substitute taught my primary class the week before, my visiting teachees, visiting teachers, visiting teaching companion, and aunt and cousin with who I live - they have all been introduced to the deliciousness of grandma's caramels, and they've all declared they are fans. One even texted me as I was writing this to let me know that I need to make more and bring them over soon.
Yup, they are pretty delicious. I'm glad I know how to make them now. And maybe if you are lucky enough, I might make them for you one day too.
| Stir, stir, stir |
| And of course, we have to get a picture with grandma's infamous pointing/instruction giving hand |
No comments:
Post a Comment